Welcome to Beech Class Early Years
Where we begin to sow the seeds...
Reception children learn alongside KS1 children in Beech Class but focus separately on the EYFS statutory framework under the care of Mrs Gardner-Wilce and Mrs Hodges. Early Years Foundation Stage is all about creating a safe, warm and loving environment and fostering a sense of belonging and identity. We are sensitive and responsive to each child's needs, feelings and interests, and are always supportive of their own efforts and independence. We provide stimulating resources and rich learning opportunities through play and playful teaching, and we support children to take risks and explore within the safety of clear boundaries.
- the best for every child
- high-quality care
- a well designed curriculum (what we want children to learn)
- staff who are highly experienced and supported with pedagogy (helping children to learn)
- ongoing assessment (checking what children have learnt)
- nurturing self-regulation and executive function
- a strong partnership with parents